Saturday, October 25, 2008

D. O. Dash 5K

Got in a 5K race today. It was the D. O. Dash in Ft Worth. Benefits lung cancer research. Jimmy, Hollee, AJ, and myself braved the 40 something degree weather first thing this morning and hit the road race. This race started with an uphill run, for about 3/4 of a mile. AJ was going to be my pacer. Guess he was feeling good because once we cleared the hill, he didn't look back. He smoked the course. He finished in something like 20:30, taking first in his age group. I need him to run the White Rock marathon with me to help push me through. Jimmy and I were racing for the 40 - 44 age group. Jimmy came across at something around 22:10. I finished at 21:23. I took first and Jimmy took second. If I'm not careful, he's going to catch me! :) Hollee smoked her goal and came across at 28:13. She took third in her age group. Pretty good showing, and a good preparation for the upcoming Mud Run and White Rock race.

No comments: