Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cowtown 2009

Feb 28, 2009. The Cowtown Race. Originally signed up for the marathon but, had a lot of issues with training. We were in the middle of getting ready for our move from Ft Worth to Arkansas. That moving diet will put some pounds on ya. Also dealing with knee issues. So, I changed to the half marathon. Glad I did. Once I finished, I knew I didn't have a full marathon in me at the time. Well, the temp was about 32 degrees, without the wind chill. BRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Was supposed to run with AJ but, lost him in the crowd. The Cowtown is a great race. They broke their record for participants this year. Well, the run started, and was bottle necked for about the first two miles. Once you get out of the crowd, it was easy to enjoy the run and scenery. Great crowd support. Always love coming back into downtown, surrounded by the huge buildings, the cheering crowds, and seeing the finish line after you round the last corner. Finished with a 1:47. Not my best but, not bad for an injured knee. Next stop, El Scorcho Tres in July.

No comments: