Friday, December 31, 2010

2010



With 2010 coming to an end at midnight, tonight, I have closed out my running for the year. My yearly total ended at 1341 miles. I do believe this is the most mileage I have ever posted within a year's time. This was assisted with the races I ran during the year, as well as the training leading up to each race. I took on the Hal Higdon training program while getting prepared for the Columbus Marathon and really liked this plan.

I ran four marathons in 2010, with the last three all taking place within 49 days. I ran the Cowtown Marathon (Ft Worth, TX) in Feb, Columbus Marathon (Columbus, OH) in Oct, MidSouth Marathon (Wynne, AR) in Nov, and finally the St Jude Marathon (Memphis, TN) in Dec. My finishing times were 4:11, 3:53, 3:53, and 4:09 in order. Not only did I gain a Personal Record but, I accomplished my goal of completing those last three marathons in under three months. I also took part in a marathon relay with some fellow SORT members at Little Rock. We took first in our division by over 18-minutes.

My goals for 2011 involve six marathons. These are Little Rock Marathon (Little Rock, AR) in Mar, Andrew Jackson Marathon (Jackson, TN) in Apr, Tupelo Marathon (Tupelo, MS) in Sep, Columbus Marathon (Columbus, OH) in Oct, MidSouth Marathon (Wynne, AR) in Nov, and St Jude Marathon (Memphis, TN) in Dec. Hoping to better my PR in 2011. And continue to raise money for charity as I prepare for each race.

Happy 2011 everyone. :)

No comments: