Sunday, January 8, 2012

Running Streak

Only eight days into the New Year and I've already had to stop my streak. This constant change of the weather got me a little under the weather. Who knows, maybe I can get back into it once I kick this thing. On a better note, we had our first 5K for our running group, the Muckas. We only had eight runners show upbut, we all enjoyed it. The hilly course we mapped out scared a few runners initially but, once we ran it, they all said they were glad they did and couldn't wait to do it again. I think that's pretty dang awesome!

With all that being said, I'm getting motivated again. I may start slowing my speed down a bit, just to help out with some lingering soreness but, I am going to attempt my streak again. Another goal I have is to actually hit 200 running miles in month. Not to mention 2000 in one year. All are possible, just gotta keep at it. Another motivator is Deb. Between her running and cycling, she hit 92 miles in a week!!! Freaking awesome!! She's my inspiration! Her passion for fitness has flourished and keeps me on a positive note. Others read about her progress and realize they can get out there and do great things as well!!

So, I say to all of you, unless you're hurt, get out there and kick some butt. Don't be scared of the weather, just adapt!

No comments: