Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Halfer

Took advantage of the rest I got by not running during the week and turned in my longest run since running the Little Rock Marathon back in March. Not my fastest half marathon time but, it was a training run and not an actual race. Felt good to get it in even if it was on the treadmill. Not trying to kill myself in this Arknsas heat and humidity. Looking at the weather forecast, it is supposed to get back up over 100 degrees this week. And that is before the heat index is factored in. Wow!!! Looks like dragging my crusty butt out of bed early in the morning is the best option. Took my son, Josh, to the gym with me. He got in a good little workout as well. Hit some weights and some cardio. Then he started getting bored waiting on me. LOL! At least the olympics were on TV at the time. Kept us both interested. On a good note, the pain and tightness I was experiencing in my right leg was very minimal today. Just gotta keep on working on building up my mileage again. The half marathon is 2-months out. Been a while since I actually ran in a half marathon race. Really looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted on how my training is going. Stay safe everyone.

No comments: