Tuesday, August 3, 2010

HEAT!!!!

The Mid-South Region is under an Extreme Heat Warning. Current temp is 103 with a heat index of 108. The heat index has actually dropped a bit from earlier. Went out for a four-mile recovery run, with Deb, this morning. Got out a little late again. 9:30 am and the temp was already at 88 with a heat index of around 100. Many people are negative towards a treadmill but, with this type of heat going on, it may be the wise decision in staying healthy. Going to continue to attempt the early morning runs, closer to 5:00 am, and see how that goes.

Deb is not a heat liking person so, I give her all the credit in the world. She laced up and hit the road with me. She really keeps me motivated on my runs. I am very thankful for that. Started off with frozen water bottles. They were pretty much completely melted at 1 1/4 miles in. About 2 1/2 miles in, they were warm. CRAZY!! I feel like I'm getting stronger while building up to my next marathon (Columbus). I'm going to need all the strength I can muster up with running three consecutive marathons over three months. Have a few marathons in the planning process for 2011. Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon is a good possibility. Gotta work something out with my Cousin so we can get a race in together.

Stay safe and stay hydrated out there. Run smart.

No comments: