Friday, July 1, 2011

4th of July



Here we are, the 2011 year is half over. We are about to celebrate the independence of our great country. Having served in the military, I take great pride in this celebration. I am proud to live in this country and proud to have served her honorably. Not to mention that I continue to serve her in my current line of work.

Most folks use this day to take it easy, BBQ, set off some fireworks, have some beers and just plain relax. Personally, I plan on doing all that as well. However, before I get to all the easy things I have planned for that day, I am going to get my run on. I joined a challenge on Dailymile.com that calls for running 4 miles on the 4th. The speed of this run is not a priority. The completion of those 4 miles is just one more way to celebrate our freedom.

What are your plans for the 4th? Whatever they may be, please stay safe and enjoy it with the ones you love. If you have little ones, educate them on the reason for the celebration. Have a great 4th everyone.

No comments: