Thursday, October 20, 2011

Almost Taper Time

With a 16-mile long run scheduled for Saturday, I look forward to it's completion as we start the wonderful 2-weeks of that lovely word all runners know as "tapering". This is where you cut back on your mileage to help give your body the much needed rest prior to running a marathon. I am meeting with some fellow Muckas to run the MidSouth marathon course to help better prepare ourselves for the race. Another great thing about having a marathon in your own backyard. :)

The taper couldn't start at a better time as I am in Denver next week for Hostage Negotiation training. My running tends to slow down while traveling. However, the taper mileage scheduled for next week is easily attainable while in Denver. Looking forward to the training, the runs in Denver, then getting back to my girls. When I return home, I'll be a week out from running my 10th marathon. I'm feeling good about my training so far. My speed has picked up greatly. I just hope my endurance is still there. I've been running with Deb quite a bit, during this training cycle, and she has stepped up on her game. She pushes me when I need it most.

In fact, she is joining us in Memphis, this Dec, to run the 5K. And let me tell you, she is going to smoke this race. I wish I was running it with her. I am so proud of her for doing this. Hoping she gets the bug. :) love my runs with her. Who knows, I may have to be her pit crew. :) Next thing you know, Amy will be joining us. A family affair.

Happy running everyone. Stay safe out there. Oh yeah, I finally took the plunge and joined the Marathon Maniacs. Looking forward to meeting more Maniacs.

No comments: