Sunday, March 18, 2012

So Many Goals, So Little Time


I started running marathons back in 2008. My first ever endurance race, over a half marathon, was the El Scorcho Dos. This was an ultra marathon. Yes, I skipped right over a normal marathon and went straight to an ultra consisting of 31 miles. I actually placed 28th overall in the male division for this race. I can remember saying to myself, "Crap! I'm gonna be last. Please don't let me be last." :) Yes, there were more than 28 runners. There were roughly 68 in the male division.

Since then, I have completed 11 more full marathons. My goal is to eventually run a marathon in all 50 states. As you can see by my map, I have a lot of ground to cover. Only having five states knocked out, the last 45 may be a challenge. Getting older, job responsibility getting higher, and money lacking, completion is looking bleak. But, one must never give up. And, if we survive December 21, 2012, it will be on! :)

Check back from time to time and see how the progress is going. Hoping to knock out OK and MO soon. And, depending on where the job takes me, there will be some new states falling as well. Eventually, we will start conquering the West Coast. My cousin wants me to take on the Goofy Challenge with him, at Disney World. That would knock out FL but, gotta save up some moola to cover that kind of race. Not to mention my girls would have to enjoy some time at the Magic Kingdom. :)

Follow me on this journey. Who knows, some of you may join me along the way. To date, I have run marathons with Tony Brake and Barrett Burns. Two of my followers. I hope to run more with them as they recover from various injuries. They both inspire me to run and push beyond the pain threshhold.

No comments: