Monday, June 22, 2009

20 miler

FINALLY!! I finished a 20 mile run on Sunday. kind of my own Father's Day gift to myself. Although I ran the whole thing on our treadmill, it gave me the confidence to know I can hit the long run goal. It was close to 100 degrees outside, with a heat index of 105. So, I'll take an inside run to that kind of humidity anyday. The temp in the exercise room was somewhat similar to an evening run in Texas. Just not as humid. Yes, i'm trying to justify my reasoning for running on the treadmill. :)

I did, however, get to watch quite a bit of Band of Brothers while I ran. So, now I am motivated to get into my run for El Scorcho. I did complete my run in 3 hrs 16 secs. So, I was able to better control my pace and get an idea of where I needed to be without burning myself out to quickly.

Feeling good and looking forward to my midnight run with our friends.

No comments: