Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wynne Flat as a Pancake 5K

Ran the Wynne, Arkansas Flat as a Pancake 5K this morning. We survived all the rain storms, and tornadoes that came through on Friday. We were worried that the storms would cancel the race fro Saturday. But, it all held off so we could get it done. The race started at 8am. The humidity was growing as the we got closer to the start of the race. The start came and we were off. It was a relatively flat course. After the gun was fired, I started off in in a group out front. There was about six or seven of us. When we hit the first 1/2 mile, some of those fell back. I was running in third place. Hit the first mile in just under 7 minutes. But, that started to catch up with me. Around 1.6 miles, I was passed by two other runners. One male and one female. I kept them in sight for the rest of the race but, could never catch them. I held off the rest of the field and was able to finish fifth overall. I finished with a time of 23:04, a 7:27 pace. I'll take that. Tells me what I need to work on. And, it was the best I have ever placed, individually, in a race. I'm pleased but, want to do better next year. I will run it again when the time comes. Still working on El Scorcho Tres. :)

No comments: