Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Day Back

We made it back to Arkansas yesterday. Deb, Amy and I made the long drive back from Ohio. Amy went back to school and I went back to work. I had about 449 e-mails to go through at work. Several friends had sent their condolences. I think the Captain was worried about me because he tried keeping me busy. Kept coming by my office and talking to me, having me go around with him. Several of my friends asked why I was at work. Others said it was good I was back, to help keep my mind busy. The latter was better. Does me no good to let it consume my life. Not in a feeling sorry for myself kind of way. Mom would not want that.

The whole situation still does not seem real. The last two weeks are a blur. The one comfort I can take away from all this is mom is at peace and is no longer suffering. I actually called her cell phone today. She didn't answer. I was hoping to hear her voice on the voicemail but, no such luck. I left her a message telling her I loved and missed her. Wonder if she'll get that message in Heaven....

Hope you all are doing well. Take care of yourselves. Someone would be devastated if you weren't here any more.

No comments: