Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Add a State

Well, we are currently in Greenville, Illinois for some work related training. Fortunately, I am lucky enough to be accompanied by Deb and Amy, which always makes for a great trip. After driving for roughly six hours, we made it to the hotel, checked in, ate dinner and checked out the area. After our dinner settled, we knocked out some swimming at the hotel pool. I swear, I think Amy is more fish than human. :)

Unfortunately, the nights sleep was very restless. I seem to always have this problem in a hotel. Went to training, re-certified as an instructor, then shot a bunch of rounds. Always a good training day when you get to play with the toys. Afterwards, made it back to the hotel, where I found Deb and Amy in the pool. Go figure. Changed and jumped on the treadmill. Hotel treadmills, in my opinion, suck. Only found one that I have enjoyed running on, and this was not the one. It was loud, couldn't get comfortable on it, and just plain hated it. However, I finished a four mile run. I can officially add Illinois to my list of states I have run in. Eventually, I will knock out a marathon in this state.

Liking the weather here as well. Maybe one day we'll get out of the heat and humidity of the South.

No comments: