Monday, November 22, 2010

St Jude's

Twelve days out from the St jude's marathon, in Memphis, TN. Still battling some minor cramping in my right calf. During my long run, yesterday, it started cramping on me as I went up and over the railroad tracks. Not even a full mile into my run. Started thinking to myself, "This sucks!" But, was able to finish the full 12 miles in just over 1 hr and 41 minutes. I'm happy with that. All my other runs during the week were pretty face paced. It was nice to be able to slow down a bit. However, I think the wind played a huge part in my slowing down as well. We had steady 12 mph winds, with 18 mph gusts out of the South. And come on, this is November!!! What's with the 65+ degrees and humidity??

Everyone all together now, "No wind on Dec 4th please. And temps in the 30s to low 40s as well". That's not asking for much is it??

No comments: