Saturday, March 26, 2011

Change of Plans

The next marathon I had on my schedule was going to be the Jonesboro Marathon in Jonesboro, Arkansas. However, monitoring the registration progress, only three people have signed up for the marathon, and one relay team. Not looking good for this race to get off the ground. This is a little upsetting because I really wanted to hit another marathon, in the local area, before the Summer heat arrives. This would have been perfect for several reasons. Local race equals no hotel expenses, and I get to run with friends. We're still two months out from the race so, we shall see what the outcome will be.

With all that being said, I am starting to change my training plans and go into a maintenance mode. If that happens, I may run a few half marathons here and there. Other than that, my plans are to run the Tupelo Marathon in September. Hoping some of my fellow Muckas will join me in this race. Will keep you posted.

No comments: