Thursday, March 3, 2011

One More Before the Rock

Went for a three mile run with Barrett and Kevin yesterday. All I can say is it has been a while since I have ran that fast. Barrett took the lead. He set a blistering pace heading out. I could tell he was out to punish us. We hit the 1 1/2 mile mark at 10:50. Thankfully, he slowed down a bit on the way back. We finished the run at 22:01. Not to bad I guess. A 7:20 pace is not anywhere close to what I've been running. That's why it is nice to have a running partner who is faster than you. They can push you to new limits, or make you re-visit limits you had seen in a while. I can tell you this, before our next planned run with him, I'm eating a lighter lunch.

I only have one more little run to get in this Saturday. A little two miler to get that lactic acid moving before the big race on Sunday. Looking forward to the race. Not looking forward to the hills. No matter, I chose the race, I'm going to defeat it. Will provide results on Sunday. Or maybe after I come back to life on Monday. :)

No comments: