Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nice Easy Recovery

News Flash: Wynne, Arkansas is under a heat wave!! It was 61 degrees, sunny and no clouds during our run today. Big change from the 20s and 30s I've been running in lately. Deb and I set off for what I was expecting to be a nice easy recovery run. I think she had other plans. We hit our first mile at a pace of 9:09. Then, she decided to step it up a bit. We were running at about an 8:45 pace. Her excuse, "I do what feels good at the time." I'm going to have to dig deeper before we run together again. LOL! Well, the run felt good no matter. She peeled off at the 3-mile mark. From there, I took a left on Rabbit Road and took on some hills. Kid Rock's "Born Free" came on my iPod and gave me some more motivation to blow through these hills. Coming down Killough had me at a pace of 7:45. Like Deb, I ran how I felt on that last mile. She really motivates me at the times I need it the most. Now, if I can just get her to run with me on tomorrow's 20-miler. Hmmmmmm!! :)

No comments: