Friday, April 29, 2011

Jonesboro

We are now 29 days away from the Jonesboro marathon. The Mucaks Running CLub is having some good representation. Currently, we have Team Mucka, our coed relay team consisting of Kevin Baxter, Brandon Boger, Holly Cook and Jody Hodges. I think they are going to take the coed division. Barrett Burns and James Whitaker are involved with their respective relay teams as well and should give each other some awesome competition. I think Sherry Rogers is still planning on running the 5K. Me, I am running the full marathon as an individual runner. And, after looking at the elevation chart, am still wondering what the heck I was thinking!!! Oh well, what are you gonna do? :)

Every race I run will continue to be in memory of my Mom, Mary Wise. In addition, I want to dedicate this race to the victims of the recent storms that plowed through the Midsouth. I believe the current death toll is at 318. Hard to take it all in, just by looking at the photos on the internet. Those poor people are trying to pick up the pieces when, that is all there is, pieces. Their lives completely turned upside down. Then, to top it off, a friend (On Dailymile) was struck with tragedy on Easter Sunday when his Sister's vehicle was hit by another vehicle, killing her, her husband and twin sons. I can't imagine. Never want to imagine what it would be like to go through something like that. So, again, with all that being said, I will be including them in rememberance when I run Jonesboro on May 28.

So, with all that rambling, the next time you run, run for a reason. Make it meaningful. Be safe on your runs everyone. As Ethan says, "Anyone walking beats anyone sitting. Anyone running beats anyone walking. Get out there and do it." Handle up on your fitness and enjoy life.

No comments: