Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Sun Is Out

Great weather today. The Muckas met up for an early morning run. There were 9 of us out there, enjoying this beautiful weather. WE took off for our 3.5 mile flat course. Holly and Brandon led the way. Tim and James followed behind them. I hung with Deb and Sherry. Then we had a new member, Miss Kitty, joining us today. Her and John brought up the rear. Everyone did well.

After we finished our group run, I set out for the rest of what was supposed to be my 14 mile long run. The first 3.5 miles were at a 9:30 pace (roughly). Instead of running a flat course, I took on some hills throughout the Airpark road area. Those hills will definitely work one's legs. After coming out of the hill area, I ran throughout the local neighborhood. While heading East, it was uphill on a slight incline. West, of course, was downhill. THe temps kept rising so, I was feeling pretty zapped by the time I breached double digit mileage. I called it quits at 12.1 miles, since that was right at the turn for our road.

Great run, great weather, some great company for the first part of it. I finished with an overall 8:45 pace. I'll take that. No need to try and break any land speed records right now. Hope everyone else is having great weather like us.

No comments: