Monday, May 16, 2011

More Weather

Wow! We go from heat to storms to cold again. But, if this cooler weather hangs around until the 28th, I will be very happy. I love running in the cooler weather. Maybe not so much the below freezing weather, as I really haven't figured out how to dress appropriately for it. The cooler weather is so much easier to run in. Maybe I'll convince Deb to let us move up North when we get closer to retirement so we don't have to deal with the heat of the South. :)

I just ran my last big long run yesterday. I ran 20-miles and now have entered the much coveted taper zone. I love this portion of my training because it means I am really close to completing my goal of completing another marathon. It wasnt that long ago that running 1 - 2 miles was not a thought to me. Completing these runs without walking seemed so far away. Now, after one ultra marathon, 6 marathons, and several halves, 10k's and 5k's, I love being able to run the distances I do. Being looked at as a mentor in this area, and helping raise money to find cures for cancer and heart disease.

I'm not the fastest guy out there but, give me a challenge and we'll give you a run for your money. See, you thought this was just about the weather. :) Happy running everyone. Stay safe.

No comments: