Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tupelo Marathon


After just finishing the hardest marathon I have ever run, I am already planning out my training schedule for my next marathon. With that being said, I am now 14 weeks out from the Tupelo Marathon in Tupelo, Mississippi. We have several of the Muckas Running Club who are planning on running either the full or the 14.2 miler. Looking forward to this race as it will give me my 9th marathon, and my 5th state.

This race has a 5am start time, which is great becuase this race is scheduled for September 4th. WE're down South and it is hot around these parts. The 5am start helps beat some of the heat, not to mention we have time to go back to the hotel and rest a bit before having to check out. Usually we are scrambling to beat the check out time so we aren't charged an extra day. Crazy stuff. You'd think the hotels would work with the runners as it brings business to their area. Oh well, that's how they make their money. :)

Hoping my ankle will not be an issue soon. After twisting it in the Jonesboro race, it is still sore and a little swollen. No matter, we will push on and complete another race. Not going to let this hold me back. :) Well, happy running everyone and stay safe.

No comments: